Eggs are a tasty and versatile food that can be used in a wide range of recipes. But cooking eggs on the stove can be time-consuming and messy. Fortunately, there is an easier way to make eggs: cooking them in the microwave. Here’s how to microwave eggs that are perfect every time.
Types of Eggs You Can Cook in The Microwave
The great thing about cooking eggs in the microwave is that you can prepare a wide range of egg dishes. Here are some ideas:
1. Scrambled Eggs: The easiest way to cook scrambled eggs is by microwave.
2. Poached Eggs: You can cook poached eggs in the microwave.
3. Hard-Boiled Eggs: Using the microwave can make the hard-boiled egg process much easier.
4. Soft-Boiled Eggs: Soft-boiled eggs can be cooked in the microwave as well.
How to Cook Scrambled Eggs in The Microwave
Scrambled eggs are an ideal option for breakfast. In the microwave, scrambled eggs can be prepared quickly without having to worry about dirty pans. Here’s how to do it:
1. Crack two eggs into a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs with a fork, and then add a tablespoon of milk.
3. Add salt, pepper and any other seasonings you like such as garlic powder or paprika.
4. Microwave this mixture on high for 30 seconds.
5. Then, stir your eggs and microwave for another 30 seconds.
6. Repeat this process until your eggs are cooked to your satisfaction.
7. Serve hot and enjoy.
How to Cook Poached Eggs in The Microwave
Poached eggs are healthy and tasty, but the traditional way of cooking them can be time-consuming. In contrast, using the microwave can make this process easier and faster. Here’s how to do it:
1. Using a microwave-safe bowl, add just enough water to cover the bottom of the bowl.
2. Crack an egg into the water, being careful not to break the yolk.
3. Cover this bowl with a microwave-safe plate and heat in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
4. Check to see if the egg is poached to your liking.
5. If it is, remove the bowl from the microwave and carefully drain off the water.
6. Then, use a spatula to place the egg on a piece of toast or serving plate.
7. Enjoy your delicious poached egg.
How to Cook Hard-Boiled Eggs in The Microwave
Hard-boiled eggs can be prepared in the microwave by following these simple steps:
1. Take an egg and poke a small hole in its rounded end with a pushpin or thumbtack.
2. Place the egg in a microwave-safe bowl and add enough water to cover the egg.
3. Microwave the bowl on high power for 3 minutes.
4. Be extremely careful when removing the bowl and eggs from the microwave as it will be hot.
5. Allow it to cool down, then carefully remove the egg from the bowl and shell it.
6. Your hard-boiled egg is ready to eat.
How to Cook Soft-Boiled Eggs in The Microwave
Soft-boiled eggs cooked in the microwave can be a quick and easy breakfast option. Here’s how to do it:
1. Fill a microwave-safe bowl with water, about a quarter of the way.
2. Crack an egg into the bowl of water.
3. Microwave on high power for 45 seconds.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water.
5. Carefully break the eggshell and remove the egg.
6. Your soft-boiled egg is ready to eat.
1. Can you microwave eggs in the shell?
No, you should never microwave an egg in the shell. Doing so can cause it to explode. But, you can microwave a boiled egg in its shell after peeling off most of the shell.
2. Can you cook an omelette in the microwave?
Yes, you can make an omelette in the microwave. First, sauté your desired fillings in a frying pan. Then mix your eggs and pour them over the fillings. Microwave for a minute, and you have your self-made omelette.
3. Do I need to add water when cooking eggs in the microwave?
If you are cooking scrambled eggs or omelets, you should add milk. For hard-boiled or poached eggs, add water to help cook the egg evenly.
4. Is it safe to eat eggs cooked in the microwave?
Yes, it is safe to eat eggs cooked in the microwave as long as the egg is cooked through.
Cooking eggs in the microwave is a convenient way to prepare a nutritious meal. From poached eggs to scrambled eggs, with this guide, you can cook any egg dish you wish. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll have perfectly cooked eggs in minutes. Experiment with different recipes to find the perfect dish that suits your taste.